Friday, November 4, 2011

What a Halloween!!!!

Booper loves the lions at the zoo and has perfected the cutest "roar" ever so I decided to make him this adorable lion costume from McCall's. Unfortunately, after sewing all of those ribbons on, he decided that the head piece was pure evil and refused to wear it (thank goodness for more mature cousins who will happily wear them instead, making one toddler's mother feel much better about the blood, sweat, and tears invested). This, however, left us costume-less only a week or so before Halloween. Oh dear!

I was working on adult costumes in the meantime:

Owls for my sister-in-law and myself. I found this on the Livvy Loo Who blog; a knock off of a Pottery Barn owl costume that I then made a knock-off of for us.



And an octopus for my brother-in-law inspired by this picture I found on Flickr

I have to say, hoodie costumes are the way to go!!! All you have to do is trace a hood from your wardrobe (and I followed the instructions from Indietutes on how to make a Basic Hooded Cloak for the owl) and off you go!

Anyway, while reading 10 Trick-or-Treaters a few nights before Halloween, Booper declared that he was going to be the orange spider in the book, so . . . that night I made him an orange spider costume inspired by the octopus.



Turns out, of course, that we didn't end up celebrating Halloween at all since we flew home to Chicago that night (and he didn't particularly like wearing this costume either) but it was certainly fun making all the costumes AND we should all be set for next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment